Masanga Hospital Rehabilitation Project is looking for an experienced fundraiser to start a fundraising unit in Freetown, Sierra Leone.
Masanga Hospital Rehabilitation Project (MHRP) aims to capacity build the health system in Sierra Leone through education and by rehabilitating and operating Masanga hospital in Sierra Leone. Through a 20-year period, MHRP will rebuild the hospital so that it can operate independently by giving basic and essential healthcare. Besides offering treatment to patients at Masanga Hospital, MHRP and the Tonkolili District run The Tonkolili District College of Health Sciences and a business section. Both to educate qualified personnel and create development in the community of Sierra Leone. MHRP has existed for 10 years and is currently renegotiating operational terms with the Sierra Leonean Ministry of Health and Sanitation.
MHRP is looking for an international person with fundraising experience who can start a fundraising unit in Freetown, Sierra Leone, four hours drive from Masanga Hospital compound. The job is self-limiting in that the main task for the international fundraiser is to establish the unit and ensure its future functionality.
- Establishing of a fundraising unit for MHRP in Freetown, Sierra Leone
- Identifying a local fundraiser to build the unit around
- Create a network locally and with our international donors
- Close collaboration with the international board of MHRP
- To help identify and describe projects and funding opportunities for MHRP
- To ensure a flow of relevant information to donors and potential donors
- To ensure and facilitate financial transparency in donor financed projects
- To lobby for MHRP in Freetown with relevant stakeholders
- Minimum 2 years of experience with international fundraising
- Work experience in Sub-Saharan Africa
- Bachelor or master degree that is relevant for the position
- Networking skills
- Proficiency in English (spoken, written)
- IT and computer skills
- Able to work independently
- Great communicational skills
- Open minded
- A challenging and exciting job in Sierra Leone
- A job that directly benefits the country you will be working in
- A wide network of internal NGOs that you will we working with
- A gateway to an international fundraising career
Terms and condition
The starting date of the position is as soon as possible. The length of the contract will be one year with possibility of extension. The position includes accommodation, insurance, travel expenses and a basic salary. If you have any question please contact Sara Thordal at [email protected] or Susanne Haas at [email protected].
Forward your CV and motivational letter to Susanne Haas: [email protected] as soon as possible, we will look at incoming applications continuously.