The Masanga project is a partnership between 5 charities, namely
The agreement with the Sierra Leone Government to rehabilitate and run the hospital is with AFOM and SLAA. The five charities have formed an International Board of Masanga which is the overriding governing body and seeks to coordinate the activities of the 5 partner charities. Each charity is properly constituted in each country and each has a board of trustees. Each charity has at least one representative on the International Board of Masanga.
In Sierra Leone there are separate management boards for the hospital, the education facilities and the businesses. As far as possible local Sierra Leoneans are being appointed to the management boards in Sierra Leone. See the section below the International for the key members of the local team.
The International Board of Masanga
The International Board of Masanga has the following members:
- Dr Edward Cole, SLAA, Chairman
- Dr Peter Bo Jørgensen, Masanga DK, Deputy Chairman
- Dr Frank Van Raaij, Masanga Netherlands
- Dr Hakon Bolkan, Capacare
- Mr Austin Hunt, Masanga UK
- Mr Abima Abibu, Secretary, SLAA
- Dr Andrew Curtis, SLAA
- Dr Susanne Haas, Masanga DK
- Ms Pernille Andreasen, Masanga DK